Sunday, November 20, 2011

Immigrant in the United States

I'm an immigrant in the United States. At the beginning I came to the Untied States. I didn't understand this and that. It was so difficult for me to live in New Orleans. I should adapt the time, the weather, the life, everything. It was so strange for me to see the Americans did the usual things. I come from China, I have my own culture, which has a lot of different from the American culture. So, it was difficult for Italian Americans, Hondurans, Irish Americans, and German Americans to adapt the American culture. I believe they took quite a while to understand and adapt, finally used to live in the Untied States. Personally, It's much easier to live with a group people, who have the same culture with you in an different country. The Vietnamese Americans live in a big group in the east of New Orleans. Even they couldn't speak English well, they still can enjoy their life. I went to the Chinatown in Houston, it was so familiar for me to stay. Every people speak Chinese, even the policeman. I live in New Orleans much more  difficult than in Houston because we don't have a lot of Chinese people in New Orleans. We couldn't have fun with a lot of Chinese friends and have traditional Chinese foods. It's difficult to live in a different culture place by a few people.






Today, we went to the east of New Orleans, the Vietnam Church. It's a big church and we had experience about the Vietnam culture.

1 comment:

  1. Hi James,

    I *completely* agree that it's easier to live sometimes in a place where there are many people from your country! I experienced that in Europe. Thank you for sharing!

    2/2

    ReplyDelete