Monday, October 17, 2011

Jean Lafitte National Historical Park




We went to a swamp tour today, but unfortunately, we didn't see any alligator. Now, at the beginning of October, there are a lot of weeds in the river. The guide of the swamp tour told us that they would clean the weeds up at the beginning of December. It was a tired trip, but I still saw some natural animals, such as: snakes, lizard, spider, squirrels. The second picture, the big yellow spider was sleeping at that time. It didn't move until we left. There are a lot of lizards in Jean Lafitte National Historical Park. I saw several different kind of colors. The guide, who is a kind and helpful volunteer person, told me the lizards could changed their color. During the copulate season, the male lizards change their color to find the female lizards. Sometimes, the male lizards fight with the same male lizards, but they don't real fight a lot. I really enjoyed this swamp tour, hope I can see alligator next time.   

1 comment:

  1. Great post, James! I missed the part where the guide told us that the lizards change colors during mating season! :)

    2/2

    ReplyDelete