Sunday, October 2, 2011

Field Trip

I am staying at a double shotgun house in New Orleans. The main characteristic of this type of houses is the layout of the house. The rooms are lined up one behind de other. For instance, my friend’s house has the living room first, then one room, then the bathroom, then another room and finally the kitchen.

2427 Burgundy St.

I choose this two-way shotgun house, because I liked the color of its doors.

832 Spain st.

This is a Creole Cottage. This type of house doesn’t have a front porch, and has four rooms without hallways.

The main characteristic is the sleepy pitched roof.

2430 Royal st.

912 Spain st.

This is a camelback house. This type of house is a variation of a shotgun that has a partial second floor over a rear of the house that looks like a hump on a camel.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on identifying houses! Now for the big question--do you think that this type of house (close to the street and no gates) had any effect on the culture of the people who lived there?

    2/2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry--that post from sonora42 is actually me. I was signed into my other email account!

    ReplyDelete