Sunday, October 2, 2011

Marigny



I choose this house because it’s original, and it reminds me of a polish house. Also, I like huge houses, so that’s why this building caught my attention. This building doesn't fit into any groups of buildings, it’s not a shotgun, and camel-back… it’s just a huge unique house. Houses on the other side of the street were small, most of them were just single shotgun houses and that’s why this house “stands out from the crowd”

This house is big and unique as well. I like it not only because of the size, but also because of the bright blue color. Once again it doesn’t fit to any of the groups. Houses around were pretty big like this one but none of them was so colorful.

And the last building, it’s a typical two-way shotgun house. These colors remind me a house from a fairy tale. I think that blue, white and red colors are harmoniously arranged. Almost all of the houses on this street were single or double shotgun.

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect! I hope you don't mind, but I submitted this to Miss Greenstone to publish on the LIEP blog. One thing that you might remember from our activity was that many Germans moved to the Marigny in the late 1800s and early 1900s, which could be one reason why your Polish House looks the way it does!

    Thank you for putting so much time into this!

    2/2

    ReplyDelete